When you rise each morning, you set the tone for the rest of your day. What does your morning ritual look like? Is it intentional, or it is just another motion you move through?
Mornings are important.
I’m not religious, but to me, mornings are sacred. I worship morning light, the fresh opportunity gifted to us at the start of each day.
My morning ritual looks a little like this, and I invite you to take pieces of it to make your mornings better too:
1. The first visual I seek every morning is earth and light. At home, it’s my hanging pothos vine that catches warm morning sun and brings the land into my bedroom. I start my morning by inhaling a view of earthly delight. Put a plant by your bed and worship it as a symbol of the earth. Let it ground you.
2. I always, always make my bed. If I could offer one piece of advice to people to change their entire day, this would be it. Make your bed. Period. Do this. Always.
3. Set a positive intention or thought. Today is YOURS, what will you do with it? Say it out loud in the mirror, write it down in a journal, or just set it in your mind. Empower yourself with grace, positivity, and strength.
4. Drink a tall glass of water. Bonus points if it’s hot with a slice of lemon. Start your day hydrated.
5. Move your body—it’s better than coffee. Just for one minute, move. Do jumping jacks, shake your limbs around wildly, or be like your dog and do the zoomies around your kitchen. Get your heart pumping.
How do you spend your mornings? Do you have any magical rituals that help you show up to each day? Either way, good morning, friends. Note: This was originally an Instagram post that you can see here.