In exactly 12 hours from this very moment, I’ll be on a red-eye flight down to my hometown, Miami. I’m heading south for a few reasons: I am in desperate need of some sea-time, I’m celebrating my little sister’s graduation, and we’re embarking on a cross-country road trip to move her out to Denver! Instead of the usual two-day haul I usually struggle through during drives from Florida to Colorado, we decided to make an adventure out of it.
First, we’re heading up the Florida coast to Tallahassee to see my pup, Amble, and climb at Tallahassee Rock Gym. We’ll visit my sister’s friend in Atlanta before heading to Chattanooga for my favorite part of this trip: climbing at Stone Fort and a visit to the Tennessee Aquarium! Then we’ll jet westward, stopping to visit family friends in Kansas City and exploring along the way.
Since my sister will be bringing everything she owns in her little sedan, I’m trying to pack as light as possible. I’m only bringing my Topo Designs Klettersack, and my new Keen sling I picked up at Outdoor Retailer last week. Here’s a quick peek into my #FLtoCO road trip bag:
- 1 Nalgene
- 1 new pair of La Sportiva Testarossas
- 1 Kendal Jackson chalkbag
- a roll of athletic tape
- Metolius brush
- my Nikon D7000
- Lumia 1020 (best smartphone pictures of all time)
- 2 Goal Zero charging sticks
- a heap of chargers
- Swoob leggings + sportsbra
- tasc performance Nola leggings
- 3 tank tops (including my Dirtbag Climbers tank, of course!)
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 1 light sweatshirt
- 1 severely mismatched bikini
- 3 pairs of socks + 4 pairs of undies
- 3 pairs of shoes (sandals, red sneakers, and the wedges I’ll wear to the airport)
- ClimbOn! sunscreen and creme
- Joshua Tree travel-sized salve
- Mini make-up arsenal
- 2 pairs of prescription Ray-Bans (reading + sunglasses from SportRx)
- Bobby-pins. Lots of bobby-pins.
- Moleskine notebook + pen
PS: Yeah, I wear make-up. I’d like to think I’m a fairly low-maintenance kind of lady, but I totally require four basic products every day: powder, liquid corrector, white eyeliner (my secret weapon), and mascara. No shame, folks!
I am beyond stoked about visiting family, cannon-balling into the pool, and hitting the road with my sister for our first big adventure together. Lucky for y’all, she’s absolutely gorgeous – because she’s about to become a familiar face on The Morning Fresh! Stay tuned for the fun, and follow the #FLtoCO hashtag for all our shenanigans!